Monday, January 12, 2015

How to save money or sorta

Its one of the hardest things to do, I hate to restrict my life and I love to eat and relax. I am more stingy with myself than when spending on my girlfriend / future wife (for an anniversary, I bought her a diamond ring from Soo Kee costing me S$1500, 2 yrs installment @ 0% int)

Other than her, my money traps are:
Watches
Food
Leather goods
Nitty bitty stuffs that serve no purpose

I shall name them under all nice things as code for things you know I spend on.

Here's how I save money now:

I don't.

That's right, that is exactly how I save money right now. I live from month to month on my pay (I earn $3k plus).

Here's a couple of nice things that want at the moment:
Seiko SARB 033 watch - S$500 (depending on exchange rates)
(photo credit: Seiya Japan, google image search)

Filson original briefcase in Otter Green - $339 (current price at the Denim store)
(photo credit: Hank's clothing, google image search)

If I'm feeling really rich, Midori Traveler's Notebook passport size - $53 for a mofo notebook! (from Kinokuniya), Rakuten may be cheaper
(photo credit: house and leisure, google image search)

Ok, onto the main subject (its the start, y'all don't know jack shit about me, so there'll be plenty of stuff to go around)

How to save money in sunny island Singapore.
Just so you know, when I say save money, I mostly mean cheaper alternatives rather than living like a beggar. I know how people wanna pamper themselves, just that your butt is not that expensive right?

For instance, taking cab, if you want to, use taxi apps such as über to book taxis as it usually has promos for waived booking fees on your end, Mr taxi driver still earns the booking fees, but is paid for by über themselves (i consider this a win-win situation). Get people to put in your code for their first registration, and you get a $10 (accumulative), no-frills voucher to use!

Some things I will not do even though it's free is taking free trains and getting off before 7:45 in the morning. I work at 9 am, this is seriously crap to the general population unless you are students studying in TOWN!!!
From SMRT's web:
Good news! Free early morning MRT rides to 18 designated MRT stations* in the city area before 7.45am on weekdays (excluding public holidays) has been extended till 23 June 2015. 
For those who miss the cut-off timing for free travel by a few minutes, you can still enjoy 50 cents off your train fare if you exit at any of the 18 stations* between 7.45am and 8.00am on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
To be eligible for free MRT rides or $0.50 off train fare, the point of entry cannot be from any of the 18 stations. The 18 designated stations are:*Bayfront, Bras Basah, Bugis, Chinatown, City Hall, Clarke Quay, Dhoby Ghaut, Downtown, Esplanade, Lavender, Marina Bay, Orchard, Outram Park, Promenade, Raffles Place, Somerset, Tanjong Pagar and Telok Ayer.
This is seriously not helping Singaporeans at all unless you work in these areas and have to get to work that early. Maybe coffeeshop helpers, but they get to work before train starts, there are no factories in this areas except Chinatown.

You know who gets to work at these times in these places? Foreigners.

Sorry for being narrow-minded and insensitive towards the lower income group, you benefit from this which is good, but this plan is not built for you, which is why, they do not extend it to heartland areas, otherwise going to school would be free for students. why would anybody want to give students free train rides to school right?

Another tip I know of, is to always have a good feel of pricing even though you are not buying the item. I know a Agnes B bag costs about $500 or so and a Longchamp Le Pilage is about $150 tops if you know where to buy.

That's all for now, keep up.

P.S., I'd like to take this time to say that this is blogging on my own personal account, I am not any influencer or am I sponsored in anyways to post what I want to post. All purchases are as what other consumers pay, I'm no celebrity and I pay for my chicken rice like how any others pay for theirs. None of the above shop names are adverts for them, but mostly, are so far how I am gonna purchase the items from. I will also never ever do shit like telling people I'm a blogger for any preferred treatment, for now. And I don't intend to let anyone know who I am.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete