Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Thrown-back for real: using flip phone

So recently I got tricked by this

Whoever came up with this, I hope you fall down everyday and only get flesh wounds that hurts in the showers.

Anyhow, I am one of the victims, I blame myself for that too. Now I do not have a iPhone to use, I felt quite naked at first, I have another android phone for work, but it is those low end for the basic stuff, I am not a iFanboy but then it is simple to use and neat looking.

This iPhone has done quite a few nonsense with me and every time, a reset would be able to quickly resolve it. This time, I wasn't able to restore my phone at all. This is the saddening part.

So I had to use this phone for the next few weeks until apple comes up with a good fix or I get a new iPhone.

I introduce you the Samsung E1195.

This phone used to be ideal for army camps where no camera phones is allowed, and I had it as I was going to ORD from my NS. So I had this phone for just in case. Anyhow, this phone has a feature I hadn't experienced in a long time.

The crazy long battery life.

It was 3/5 bars yesterday night, and even after sending some SMS (yes, SMS, cannnot whatsapp) and making few calls, it still remained there till now almost 20 hours later. I might have misplaced the proprietary charger but I am not quite worried about draining out. I believe this phone's last battery bar can last longer than an iPhone's full charge battery due to its lack of functions.

This isn't anything to do with being Analog, the tactile buttons are hard to get used to and I prefer qwerty typing. But it is all I have now, this phone takes the normal sim card but the iphone 5s uses a nano sim card, but I just put it there and it fits quite snugly, if it comes loose, I'll pop the back open and adjust.

The clamshell phone may seem obsolete but it is just targeted at another group of phone users who only talk and text a little. The speed dial helps as well, being forced to go back to basics may not be a bad thing afterall.

However, this period of throwing back is not to brag on the social media, in fact, I do miss the iPhone and will be more appreciative of it. This will be dubbed as the iPhone crisis that hit me in early 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment