Tuesday, April 21, 2015

the gentlemen



What does it mean to be a gentlemen? I understand that being dapper (whatever the hell that word means) is in trend right now, but please do not think that you dress like one means you are one.

You may recognise these people in the streets by these characteristics:
- Funky handlebar that looks like a facial hair wig
- Slicking back their hair with undercuts and a lot of product
- Shirts with jeans and leather shoes on weekends
- Suspenders (why isn't this obsolete yet? You mean there are still loose pants when everything looks like pastered on pants?)
- they wear hats indoors
- cheap quartz gold plated watches made in china last year and they call it vintage
- I love whisky (especially macallan and yamazaki, you tried before right, the japanese whisky)

To the last point, I love whisky, I have tried a few although not alot, but I can honestly say I find Yamazaki whisky not to my liking. Simple once like Johnny Walker gold label does the trick, but scottish whisky is the one you should be tasting as much as you can.

There's more to life than what the pop culture, trending twitter, instagram and facebook. Here's a fictional gentlemen dropping some swanologues.


No comments:

Post a Comment